Sunday, November 16, 2008

Fun followed by a Rough Night!

Well, we got a date night last night! It was great! Dustin had the whole thing planned, and wouldn't tell me until the last minute. Our awesome, sweet friends watched the boys while we went out. It was really, really nice to get out.

After that followed a really rough night! Isaac was up pretty much all night wanting food. I heard him crying last night, and I usually give him a little bit to see if he'll go back to sleep. Well, no such luck! After repeated pounding on his shoulder, Dustin got up to feed him a few ounces. Then, Isaac was fast asleep, but crying another 30 min. I got up this time, and he had a burp, then went back to sleep. This happened off and on every hour until 5am. This makes for a tired mommy and daddy.

So, since the night started off soooo great , we were late to church, since we overslept our alarm. Luckily we made it in time to serve - lots of kids were counting on us to be there. Today the kids learned about Gratitude. But every time we go and hear the lesson, we can even take away something to apply to our lives. So, the moral of the story is - even though we had a rough night last night, I'm so grateful to God for giving us two sweet boys.

And also, a lot of fun stuff to note today. Isaac ate a cracker (I know, I was more suprised than anyone), and they both drank water from a sippy cup for the first time, as I didn't want him to choke on the cracker.

No comments: